EMBA Written Assessment
Your submission time
1. Penetration or skimming are most likely pricing strategies adopted in which of the stages of Product Life Cycle?
2. If the cost of producing one unit of a product is $5.00 and the firm adds a “mark-up” of 40%, what is the resulting selling price?
3. Which of the following technique is best used as a “discovery” type of market research technique
4. In the process of getting customer insights, which techniques below can be best used in "validation" mode?
Face to Face Interview with leading questions
5. You heard from a busy business traveller during market research that they would like to reach the airport sooner. Which of the following would be next best course of action?
Understand how fast would he like to reach the airport
Figure out why is that important
Propose a solution that cuts his travel time by half
Give her a discount on your shuttle service to ease off the pain
All of the Above
6. Social media is more of a product marketing tool than a market research tool
7. As a product manager for Nylo - a luxury car in India, you have rolled out a survey to understand the market needs for the tech savvy customer. Which of the following questions (as the way they are written) are you likely to not include in the survey
How many owners you know will prefer a bluetooth radio in the car?
Is a premium free car service more important than alloy wheels?
Which of the following colors would you like the model to offer?
8. Which of the following is the best description of a Product Manager
Someone has the necessary skillset to sell products to the desired audience
Defacto subject matter expert in that industry
Someone who spends time understanding the market problems and proposes viable solutions
Somebody who assists engineering to troubleshoot complicated technical/architectural problems
9. You are meeting with a customer and realize in the first few seconds that the customer is exceedingly angry and difficult to talk to. How do you approach your client to make your meeting as productive as possible?
You suggest that you both take a break and wait for your client to cool off.
In a stern voice, remind your client that there is an appropriate manner in which to speak to product manager and you expect to be treated accordingly.
Reschedule the meeting.
Push forward with the meeting and make the best of the situation.
Acknowledge that they are upset and ask them what is bothering them.
10. As a product manager your job is to estimate the TEV (Total Economic Value) for the new online pharmacy store (pharmastore.in) you are building. As a pricing decision which of the following questions would you consider asking the customer?
How much would you like to pay for medical advice on online pharma?
How much discount would you need to switch to pharmastore.in?
Would you like to get online access to your medical history?
For the same price would you prefer faster delivery or online access to purchase history?
11. With the success of Apple iPad, they finally launched the iPad mini, if Apple decides to launch the iPad Mega which is bigger than IPad in screen size and has 4x more capacity with a faster processor. Which of the following is the best way to characterize that Product Management decision?
It’s a Product Line Extension
Result of a crazy Product Manager
It’s a way to stretch your current product line
It’s a signal that original iPad might be on the way to retirement/End of life
12. Which of the following is an example of a good market requirement?
Once the user clicks the Submit button, the screen must refresh within 5 seconds and show the user’s updates”
Customer Acme Corporation would like to see the Submit button to be placed on the top as well as bottom of the screen”
The system must be fast and responsive to updates
13. Click to editThe tradeoff between simplicity and power is largely a myth. In fact, most UIs can be designed to be both powerful and simple.
14. Fitts’ Law is important because it
Indicates how intuitive an interaction is in the context of user design.
Measures how much new information people can absorb.
Indicates how easy it is to click on something.
Provides a useful metric for label readability and font legibility.
Measures the accessibility of an interface
15. Scenarios are stories about what users want to do with your program's features.
16. Which of the following technique is least useful in the "decision making" process
6 Thinking Hats
Cost Benefit Analysis
17. Aspirations- What accurately describes your aspiration in the immediate future.
Career Path Transition - Moving into a Product Management/Marketing Role
Career Path Acceleration - Moving up into a senior role within my company/industry
Move into an entrepreneurial role
Am open to learning more about all options available
18. Give us 3 reasons why should you be admitted to this program?
19. As a senior Product Marketing Manager you are asked to deliver a tag line for the newly created packaged water. What will be your tag line (in less than 7 words)
20. You are asked to make a business plan presentation in only one slide (assume powerpoint). What would be the structure (category headings is fine) for such a business plan summary slide
21. What would be the design considerations for designing a sunglass for babies
22. You boss walks up to you and asks you to design a remote control that will make a lot of money, what will you present to him 2 weeks later in the meeting?
Should be Empty:
Now create your own Jotform - It's free!
Create your own Jotform